THIRD PARTY FUNDRAISING AND HOW IT WORKS
At Karis, third party fundraising is a fundraising activity organized and promoted by a non-affiliated group, individual or company, where Karis has no fiduciary responsibility and little or no staff involvement.
Ideas of third party fundraising activities include:
|An auction||Car Wash|
|Dinner Party||Craft Sale|
|Golf Day||Donation in lieu of gifts|
|Benefit Dinner||Proceeds from sales|
THIRD PARTY FUNDRAISING GUIDELINES
- All third party events must align with Karis Support Society’s mission, vision and values.
- To conduct a fundraising event, we ask that the event organizer fill out and submit the Third Party Event Application Form (available online or email: firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 30 days prior to the event.
- Prior approval from Karis Support Society is required before hosting a third party event. This is to enable us to track all events and donations and to ensure event organizer receives the recognition they deserve, as well as tax receipts where applicable.
- The third party organizer is responsible for meeting all municipal/ provincial or federal standards and fulfilling all legal authorization(s), permit(s), license(s), precaution(s) and/ or general liability insurance required to organize the event.
- Karis cannot be linked to any liability coverage. Karis accepts no legal responsibility and cannot be held liable for any risk, injury or otherwise.
- The third party event organizer will be responsible for all costs related to the event and will handle all monies until the official donation is submitted to Karis. If event expenses are greater than the money raised, the event organizer is responsible for paying those expenses.
- All promotional materials must state that the event is “in support” of Karis Support Society and is not an official Karis Support Society event.
- When using images representing participants of Karis services on promotional materials, these images must be respectful and portray a positive message.
- Karis must approve all promotional/ advertising materials featuring our name and logo.
- The third party event organizer agrees to ensure that all materials borrowed are returned promptly and in the same condition they were received. The organizer agrees to accept responsibility for damage or loss of materials borrowed from Karis Support Society.
- Involvement of Karis staff and volunteers will be at our discretion and will be based on availability, location and the nature of the event.
- Karis issues official income tax receipts in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency guidelines.
- Tax receipts are not issued to an event organizer submitting collected donor funds however they can be issued to the individual donors of those funds, provided full name and address details are provided along with donation amount.
- Third party event organizers must submit funds to Karis within 30 days of the event.
- Karis does not do door-to-door or phone solicitations and we will not endorse this type of event or fundraising effort.
- If a promotion person or company is engaged to coordinate the fundraising event, please notify Karis immediately. Compensation to promoters shall not be based on commission or percentage of money raised.
- In order to better coordinate fundraising activities, Karis must be notified of targeted sponsors for the event before they are approached.
Karis Third Party Fundraising FormKaris Third Party Fundraising Form
CONTACT: Philippa Douglas – email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in supporting Karis Support Society and our work with women in recovery in our community.